5 Natural Methods For Shoulder Pain
There’s nothing more disturbing than shoulder and scapula pain. Not only does it make it difficult for you to concentrate on your activities in your daily life, but it also affects your body health and sleeps quality. This abnormal pain can be triggered through many factors, such as sitting for long hours. In some cases, shoulder pain can also be caused by a severe health condition that may require treatment. However, you may also have shoulder pain problems due to a possible physical injury. In this article, we explored natural ways that can be effective for you to relieve shoulder pain symptoms and alleviate likely pain. If you are ready, here we go!
What Causes Shoulder Pain?
Shoulder pain is a condition that is quite common. Causes of shoulder pain can range from a simple strain to severe liver and heart problems. Pain can also occur in some cases, typically in the upper back and between the shoulder blades. Tendon or novelistic injuries are the most common causes of shoulder pain. The following conditions can cause such traumas:
- Weight lifting,
- Bad posture,
- Don’t sit wrong for a long time.
- Some exercises,
- Physical trauma from an accident, fall, or impact.
Some problems can also cause shoulder pain. These:
- Lung problems such as lung cancer,
- Cardiac causes, such as tears in the aorta, heart attack, or inflammation of the lining of the heart, which can occur mainly in women,
- Problems in the back area, such as disc sliding,
- Gallbladder and liver problems,
- Joint or bone problems such as arthritis, osteoporosis, and scoliosis,
- Novel novelization of musculoskeletal disorders caused by excessive use of muscles,
- Surgical operations,
- Problems caused by a peptic ulcer, nerve pains, or pancreatitis problem.
5 Effective Natural Methods For Shoulder Pain
Apply an ice compress to the affected area for 5 to 10 minutes. You can do this procedure 3 to 5 times a day. Ice compress has anti-inflammatory and analgesic properties. Because of this, it helps to treat possible pains and swelling.
Epsom Salt Bath
Fill your tub with water and add 1 cup of Epsom salt into the tub. Let the salt dissolve for a while and stay in the tub for 15-20 minutes. You can do this app every day. Epsom salt has a magnesium content and is known for its anti-inflammatory properties.
Stretching exercises must be performed before starting any exercise routine. Doing stretching exercises for a few minutes before and after a workout is essential to avoid post-workout novelties, which are among the many triggers of shoulder pain.
Massage dramatically helps to remove shoulder pain and inflammation that is associated with this pain. This effect, although short-term, almost instantly relieves pain. However, to get the best results, you should have a professional practitioner perform the massage.
Kinesio Band (KT)
Kinesio Tape aims to repair or completely control scapular movements for patients with shoulder problems. The primary function of this tape is to provide support to the patient as they move. It also greatly helps in short-term pain management.
How to Prevent Shoulder Pain?
- Be extremely careful and avoid bumps.
- Be sure to wear a seat belt every time you sit in the car.
- Don’t start the exercise immediately. Do warm-up and stretching exercises for a while to get your body used to it.
- Be sure to change your sleeping position.
- Eat a healthy diet to keep your immune system strong.
- Do easy exercises daily.
- Be sure to avoid sitting in the same position for a long time.
- Never lift heavy objects if you’re not used to them.
When Should I Go to the Doctor For Shoulder Pain?
Be sure to see a doctor when you notice the following symptoms:
- Chest pain that accompanies shoulder pain,
- Inflammation or pain in the legs,
- There is no difficulty with breathing,
- Irregular or rapid heartbeat,
- Blood coming when coughing,
- High fever status,
- Vision problems,
- Excessive sweating,
- Amnesia and paralysis.