Gouty arthritis is probably the most painful form of gout. Generally found in aged men, gout has started inflicted the young group of world citizen as well. In most cases gout is seen in men, however post menopausal women are also prone to this disease. Though it is found mainly affecting the big toe, other areas like fingers, knees, ankles, wrists and elbows are also affected by this disease. It can turn out to be really painful and disturbing.
List of A Few Ways To Keep Gout at Bay
There are certain kind of arthritic problems that cause irrevocable damage to tissues and joints. However, gout is not of that kind and can be remedied 100%. It will be beneficial to know a few easy ways of treating gout. Below are listed 5 of such ways,
- Gout is a result of accumulation of uric acid in joints and high doses of vitamin C can keep this level low. Though normally famous for treating cold and flu, Vitamin C has this unique feature as well. About 1500 mg of Vitamin C intake on a daily basis can diminish the uric acid content up to 40% in a body. Thus one can ensure a gout free life just by the regular intake of Vitamin C.
- Try to consume Black Cherry Juice regularly. This is an absolute antioxidant drink and therefore results in reduction of the body’s Uric acid level. In a recent polling, this drink which is high in antioxidants content has been voted among the top 5 healthiest drinks available in the world. One can obviously manage to take a glass of black berry juice daily and thereby put a check on uric acid.
- Make a habit of drinking one tsp of baking powder churned into a glass of thrice a day. The solution must be made before going to the sleep and must be drunk when one gets up. Then one can have it an hour after of before lunch and them again during supper. This remedy starts working within a couple of hours and is very efficient in its work.
- Drink as much water as you can. Water has been the earliest and the most effective way of keeping diseases at bay. One can try putting a drop of alkaline into the glass of water. This solution is extremely effective in reducing gout symptoms. Two liters of water daily is the minimum requirement to cure gout.
- Food habits must not include items with high purine content. Purine helps in the development of uric acid. Avoid the below mentioned items.
- Red meat
- Mushrooms and
One who can keep himself from the temptation of having these foods; stand a good chance against gout. Though there are a number of other inclusions in the list, but the fact is that such items are not consumed regularly so they can is x excluded from the list for the time being.