Fibromyalgia and Massage Therapy
Did you know that… fibromyalgia and massage therapy are a perfect match?
We may be biased but we have found that this is a great way to treat your condition.
In fact… fibromyalgia patients many people have discovered that massage therapy is an effective treatment for the symptoms that plague them from day to day. If you experience frequent fibromyalgia flares, you will likely benefit by learning as much as you can about fibromyalgia and massage therapy for the chronic condition that you suffer from.
This fibromyalgia natural cure has many goals. A gentle massage …
- Can reduce the amount of pain that you experienced
- Can eliminate your muscle stiffness
- Can give you a sense of relaxation in your body
Trigger Points and Tender Points
If you suffer from fibromyalgia syndrome, it is likely that you have heard about points in the body that are identified by the words “Trigger” and “Tender”.
What these words mean!
A Trigger Point is an area on the body that experiences an excessive level of sensitivity, pain or hyperirritability.
If the spot becomes subjected to pressure, it results in pain.
Pressure on a spot can also cause “Referred Pain”. This means that the pain is experienced in the tissues not only in the area of the spot, but also around the area.
Tender Points are in various pre-specified regions of the body.
Your body has a total of eighteen of these points. It has been established that the individual that suffers from fibromyalgia experiences pain in at least eleven of these regions on a regular basis.
Unlike trigger points, tender points do not result in referred pain. The pain experienced with these points is in the same specific region as the point.
When you suffer from fibromyalgia flares, it could indicate that trigger points or tender points are acting up, or that combinations of both are acting up.
The good news is that…massage therapy is considered to be a great natural treatment for both types of points.
Did you know that many patients find that trigger points and tender points are among the most troubling aspects of their condition?
If you agree, then you will find that massage therapy is an appropriate course of action when it comes to your treatment regimen.
Why is Massage Therapy So Wonderful for You?
While medical professionals are not completely sure on what causes massage therapy to be beneficial for fibromyalgia patients, they do have many theories…
- It has been proven to sooth your central nervous system. So your muscles are able to relax.
- It increases the production of important substances in the body such as neurotransmitters that help with your mental and physical health.
- Hormones called endorphins are produced with massage therapy. Endorphins reduce pain are produced with massage therapy.
More Benefits of Massage for Your Fibromyalgia Flares!
- First, your body will experience increased blood circulation. Which is great because the muscles of the body are able to heal faster.
- Your range of motion or motion in your joints is greatly increased and you can finally experience less stiffness.
- Fibromyalgia and massage therapy treatments will often reduce depression, anxiety, and stress.
Fibromyalgia flares are extremely challenging!
In some instances, they are completely debilitating!
Not only do these attacks hurt you physically, but they have the capability of being mentally draining!
While there are many effective fibromyalgia treatments available for those that suffer from this condition, many are starting to discover that natural remedies such as massage therapy are the most productive.
We agree! Fibromyalgia and massage therapy is effective and it works!