Osteoarthritis is also an inflammation of the joints which involves breakdown of the cartilage and leads to thickening or bony deposits in the affected areas.
There are various home remedies available for the arthritis patients. Some remedies depend on the condition of the patient and it is more suitable than other treatments. Some of the home remedies are:
- Fresh juices – Fresh juice made of carrot, apples and many more can be easily absorbed by the patient’s body and contains various nutrients which are essential for the body for giving energy.
- Ginger – It acts as an anti-inflammatory for the arthritis patient. Ginger tea is very helpful for the arthritis person as it makes them fresh.
Click “Amazing Ginger Secrets” for more information.
- Turmeric – It should be taken three times daily about 400 mg combined with 1000 mg of bromelain.
- Boswellia – It is used just like non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs which are used to reduce inflammatory conditions. If this is taken for long term it reduces irritation or ulceration of the stomach.
Click “7 Medicinal Uses of Frankincense – An Old Remedy Finds New Uses” for more info.
- Horsetail – The silicon content of horsetail increase the strength of connective tissue and anti-arthritic action in the medicine. The osteoarthritis patient should take three capsules of horsetail daily to rebuild bones.
- Yucca – This is an herbal remedy which is used to reduce arthritis pain.
- Castor oil – This oil should be heated and then converted into the pack and applied to the affected joint.
- Cherries, hawthorn berries and blueberries – These compounds enhance collagen matrix integrity and structure and are the rich sources of proanthocyanidins and anthocyanidins. These are helpful for the arthritis patient.
- Cayenne – The burning substance “Capsaicin” in cayenne creams is used to relieve pain of osteoarthritis patient.
- Licorice root – It is an anti-inflammatory drug which elevates blood pressure and increase potassium loss when it is used for long term.
- Devils claw – It is also an analgesic and anti-inflammatory drug for treating osteoarthritis.
- Angelica root – 5 drops of angelica oil can be added to a hot bath and angelica root compress can be applied to reduce spasms, pain and inflammation in the joints.
- Celery seed – This is also very helpful in the treatment of osteoarthritis and acts as an inflammatory drug.
- White willow – It acts as a pain reliever and is slow acting and tends to have longer effect than aspirin. It reduces the osteoarthritis pain and is generally recommended by the doctor as a natural medicine.
The osteoarthritis patient can apply any one of these herbal or home remedies for the treatment of osteoarthritis.